Have an account?

Sunday, October 24, 2010

There is Nothing to Fear But Fear Itself...and Zombies

Oh, pish posh, pay no attention to the title of this, my very first blog entry.  You have absolutely nothing to fear from us, the folks of undead persuasion.  In fact, I would encourage you to stop fleeing in terror at the mere sight of us and instead embrace us as fellow members of the human race.  We are technically still members of the human race, you know.  The entire reason that we reach out with grasping hands when we encounter a living being is because we want to give everyone a nice big hug and let you know that everything will be all right.

Hello, my name is Mitch, and I'm something of a self-appointed representative for the zombie race.  You'll notice that I have rather strong hand-eye coordination since I am able to actually type up this blog, and I'm sure that you've observed by now that I'm just slightly more intelligent than your average living dead.  I would like to say that my being the way that I am disproves the stereotype that my people suffer under, but alas, this simply would not be true.  I assure you that I'm quite unique among my kind.

I'm here on the interwebs to spread a message of peace, a message of kindness, and a message of equality.  For far too long, we zombies have been separated from our still-breathing colleagues, and I believe that it's high time that we...

Okay, you know what?  This is asinine.  I thought that I could get through this with a straight face, but I see that I was dead (blatantly obvious pun) wrong about that.  So let's try this again.

Hello, my name is Mitch, and as the most intelligent and twisted member of the zombie hordes, I'm going to one day eat your face.  Ah, there, it's just so much more satisfying to put all the cards on the table and not hold anything back for the sake of courtesy.

On this blog, I'll be detailing my own personal rampage through the world, leaving no stone unturned as I seek to live life (unlife?) as no zombie before me has and no zombie after me will.  I'm told that the majority of my story will be told in the Undead Plague series by Tim Sprague, starting with the book Zombies by the Numbers: The Writer's Cut.  As I understand it, that particular book is being shopped around to agents even as I write this, so if you know of a reputable agent that's looking for a rather...unique manuscript, send he/she/it my way and I'll make sure that the writer gets the message.

Now that I've gotten the obligatory advertising out of the way, be sure to check back from time to time to see what hijinks I get into.  My life is a lot like that of Scooby Doo, except that I don't scare easily and I'd eat both the Scooby Snacks and the person handing them out.  I also don't have a pot-smoking hippie companion that constantly has the munchies, but since I've recently eaten someone fitting that description we'll just go ahead and run with it.

Until then, I've posted a slide show demonstrating exactly what it is that your typical zombie will do upon seeing a living person.  I understand that it's a heavy subject and that you might already have family members that have been devoured by the undead, so I replaced the cannibalistic rotting corpses with cute little kittens and the victims of said cannibalistic rotting corpses with still more cute little kittens.  Rest assured that no kittens were harmed in the making of the slides, although they all suffered from mysterious disappearances after the slides were completed.

Toodles for now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment